Sunday, November 15, 2009

FOODS (EPISODE - 06)

Arindam: -Good afternoon, viewers. Today, in this episode, we are not going to visit any restaurant, but rather we have visited the house of Mrs. Renuka Roy of Hyderabad, who works as a Food and Catering Consultant for a reputed 5-Star hotel in Hyderabad. Oh! Let me also tell you that, Mrs. Renuka Roy is basically from Amritsar. She fell in love with my maternal elder brother, Mr. Dibakar Roy, who works as a faculty in a reputed MBA Institution in Hyderabad. So, Renuka boudi, as a girl from Amritsar, how you managed to learn the Bengali dishes. I know, Punjabi and Haryana girls are also expert in cooking good North Indian dishes. Oh! Viewers, let me clarify one thing, that in Bengali, we refer our bhabhi as boudi. So, boudi means bhabhi in Bengali.

Mrs. Roy: -Uff, Devarji, you will never change. Jaisa tumhare bare bhaiye, waise uska chota bhai. From my childhood, I was fond of cooking, because I was myself a foodie person. I was 17 years old, when I started buying books on different kinds of dishes, and I used to try it in my small kitchen. The Bengali dishes, I learnt from my mother-in-law. He he he …at least I took 3 years after marriage, to get the comments from my hubby, that I can also cook Bengali foods like his mother. But, I never thought that exploring and experimenting new kind of dishes will become my profession. Actually, the owner of that 5-Star hotel is a good friend of my hubby. He offered me the job to take care of the Catering Department in his hotel. I usually, give tips and innovative ideas to customize the cooking of foods, as per the customers’ tastes and flavors.

Arindam: -Boudi, I and my whole unit is feeling very hungry now. Can you cook something for us? As our Sain Director is a Mohun Bagan supporter. So, he is requesting you to cook Chingri (Prawn) Malai Curry.

Mrs. Roy: -But, my hubby is an East Bengal supporter. So, his favorite dish is Hilsha Curry (Ilish Macher Jhol). So, let me cook it today.

Arindam: -Ha ha ha …ok, ok, not an issue. So, what are the ingredients for it?

Mrs. Roy: -I have taken 8 pieces of Hilsha fish, 2 Potatoes in 16 small pieces, 2 green Chilies cut in several tiny pieces, 3/4 spoon black jeera, some amount of garlic paste, salt, turmeric powder and mustard oil.

Arindam: -Ok, cook it quickly. I will eat this curry with rice.

Mrs. Roy:- Now, let me wash these pieces of fish in water. Fry the fishes, with mustard oil, and keep it aside.

Arindam: -Hmm, boudi, what a smell of these fishes. I am feeling hungry. Viewers, I am feeling very pity on you, as you people cannot smell it, he he he …anyway, just watch, what Renuka boudi is going to do next.

Mrs. Roy: -Now add the 3/4 spoon black jeera to the mustard oil, and let it boil for 1 minute. Then add some turmeric, green chilies, potatoes and salt. Then pour 2.5 glass of water to it. After 1 minute, add the fried fish to it. Keep it like that to boil for 10 minutes.

Arindam: -Hurrah, now the Hilsha curry is in front of me. I will eat it with the rice. Let me just taste it. Uff, baah baah, boudi, kya banaaya hai aapne, yeh dish…daarun laagche khete…

Mrs. Roy: -But the taste of this Hilsha fish is not so good. When his posting was in Kolkata, before the rainy season, we used to eat the Hisha fish of Padma River. The tastes of those fishes are really great. In Hyderabad, you will not get good quality Hisha fish.

Arindam: -Hmm…but, I am still liking this food. Viewers, try to cook this Hilsha curry once in your house, and eat it with rice. You can send me your feedbacks after eating that curry, in our email id: - Foods@RoyalBengalTigerTV.com. Anyway, thanks a lot, Renuka boudi. Viewers, see you again in the next episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment