Sunday, November 15, 2009

FOODS (EPISODE - 07)

Arindam: -Hello viewers! Today, I am at the kitchen of the famous Park Hyatt Restaurant of Tokyo, Japan. Basically, I am with my sweet friend Sumitra Roy, who is now Sumitra Imajuko after getting married to Hiroyuki Imajuko, a businessman. But, Sumitra has not changed her career. She was a chef in the Park Hotel of Kolkata and now after marriage, she is in this restaurant.

Sumitra: -Arindam, Thanks a lot for coming here, to celebrate my 1st marriage anniversary. I hope you enjoyed the party last night.

Arindam: -of course, but the party was of a different kind, some things look awkward to me, after all, those are Japanese traditions. But, I liked the Domburi rice with the Yakizakana curry. The taste was just awesome. The chefs who have cooked those foods are doing the summer internship under you only. So, Sain Director requested me to do one episode of “Foods” program with you. Do you still remember how to cook Indian dishes or fish curries? Or, you have forgotten all those Indian recipes.

Sumitra: -Arindam, as a cook, if you learn one recipe, you will never forget that in your life. It is like learning swimming or cycling. Ok, today, you want me to cook some dishes on fish?

Arindam:- Yes, please proceed. But, do you get Indian fishes here?

Sumitra: -He he he … no, not at all. Today, I will cook an item of Dog Shark fish. 500 grams of fish will be enough for you, me and my hubby Hiroyuki.

Arindam: -Ok, but viewers want to know about the other ingredients that you have taken.

Sumitra: -2 eggs, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, 1 green chili, a small piece of ginger, 1 onion, half teaspoon turmeric powder, 1 teaspoon red chili powder. Oh! Also the mustard oil for frying it.

Arindam: -Now, I know, what you will do, as usual. You will fry the Dog Shark fish and keep it aside.

Sumitra: -If you know it, then come and cook the food.

Arindam:- Aah, Sumitra, why are you getting angry. After all, giving lecture is easy but cooking food is a nightmare for me. At least, that is not my department. Ok, what is the next step?

Sumitra:- Take the fish pieces and apply red chili powder, turmeric, mustard oil and salt on it and fry it. When the fish is cooked, just remove it from the oven. Keep the fishes in another dish.


Arindam: -uff, the smell of Dog Shark is not as good as the Indian fishes. Anyway, please carry on.


Sumitra: -Now pour mustard oil in the frying pan again and heat it up for 2 minutes. Add onion, black pepper, green chili and garlic powder, ginger and keep it at the frying pan to create a paste, until the onions become golden color. Put off the oven and mix the paste in that fried shark fish. Can you please break those 2 eggs and put it in that bowl?


Arindam: -Ya, already I have done that. Are you going to put those fried Dog Shark fishes in these egg yolks?


Sumitra: -You are very smart. Yes, indeed, I am doing that only. Fried Chilly Dog Shark fishes in the egg yolks. Now, pour the entire thing into the frying pan and fry it with mustard oil for 5 minutes, until it becomes brownish-yellow. Let me serve this Dog Shark item to you, by adding some capsicum, onion and lemon to it in the dish.


Arindam:- My goodness, it is so heavy. One piece is enough for me. The taste is good. I ate dog shark fish for the first time. The credit goes to Sumitra. Sumitra, Thanks a lot. Viewers, here we are ending this episode. Till then, take care and Good Bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment