Sunday, November 15, 2009

FOODS (EPISODE - 08)

Arindam: -Hello viewers, can you guess, where are we? You will be surprised to know that in England, every year; Asian people conduct one of the largest fairs of Europe, popularly known as “London Mela”. This place is known as Gannesbury Park, situated in West London. It is so chilled out here. Ok, without wasting any time, let us go inside the Park, to have a glimpse of this fair.

**********************

Arindam: -Wow! it is just amazing man. Can you believe it? I am feeling as if I am in India only. You can hear that majority of people are speaking in Hindi only. There are many mongoloid people also, of which Chinese, Vietnamese and Singapore comprises the majority. Oh! Pakistanis have also given a big food stall here.

Sain Director: -Hey, Arindam, do one thing. We have never done a program on Pakistani foods. Go and see what kind of foods are there in that foods stall.

Arindam: -See the fun, I never dreamt in my wildest dream that I have to anchor a program on Pakistani foods, after all they are our arch-rivals. Hello, boss, what is your name? Naam kya hai aap ka?

Hussain: -Inshallah…aap pehla customer ho, jisne hindi mein yeh sawal kiya...yahaan jitney bhi Asian log rahetey hai…English mein sawal poochte hai…aap Rawalpindi se ho kya? My name is Firdaus Hussain.

Arindam:- No, I am not from any Pindi…I am from India and you are my arch-rival. Anyway, tell me what is this food item that you are selling here?

Hussain: -Here in London, there are only two communities; either you are Asian or non-Asian. In this city, Indian, Pakistani, Chinese, Japanese and other Asian people are like brothers and live with unity. At least in London, you are not my arch-rival. Coming to your question, this food item is known as Saffron Rice.

Arindam: -My goodness, Saffron color exists in Pakistan also, BJP supporters will be very happy to taste this Saffron rice. Can you please cook one plate of saffron rice, in front of our camera? Please also tell the ingredients and procedures for cooking it.

Hussain: -Take 2 small cups of basmati rice, 2 teaspoon of butter, 3 teaspoon of sugar, some pieces of Cashew nuts, 1 small spoon of pista badam cream, half glass milk and 1 small spoon of saffron spice. This saffron spice that we have used here is of Kashmir. Kashmiri saffron spice is world famous. We get this spice from the dried stigma of saffron flower only.

Arindam: -I am hearing for the first time in my life that there is any spice, which is called saffron. I only knew that saffron means Hindutva…he he he ….anyway, jokes apart, please carry on with your cooking.

Hussain: -We, the Pakistanis are always cautious about that Hindutva saffron color, which you have mentioned just now, he he he …Ok, jokes apart. Let me proceed with it. First I will wash, soak and drain the rice. Now, I am heating half the butter and the rice. Add one and a half times the quantity of water and let it cook in the oven. When three-fourths of rice is cooked, add sugar and the remaining butter, pista badam cream and saffron mixed in the half glass of milk. Cook it in the oven for 10 minutes. Fry the cashew nuts in a separate oven. Add those fried cashew nuts to the rice. Now, the saffron rice has been cooked. Just taste it.

Arindam: -I thought it will taste like Pulao only, but, no, this saffron spice and the pista badam cream have a different kind of taste. Hmm…I liked this saffron rice, but this butter and cashew nuts makes this food item very heavy and rich. You cannot eat too much. Suhanallah, Hussain miyaan, kya khana banaya aapne…Thanks a lot for telling us about this saffron rice. Viewers, let me enjoy this London Mela now. See you later, again. Goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment